The Plastic Armchairs were presented in the frame of the “Low Cost Furniture Design” competition of the Museum of Modern Art’s in New York in the year 1950 for the first time. The organic seat were combined with different bases and produced in millions later on.
Vitra produces the Plastic Side Chair with full upholstery as fulfil of the product series. The organic formed bowls offer an especially good comfort with the upholstery and spread a homely atmosphere.
The 13 colours of the cover fabric Hopsak are freely combinable with the 8 seat bowl colours. Together with the base, numerous combination possibilities emerge. The upholstery is fixed at the seat with a strip in black or white.
As well as the not-upholstered Plastic Armchair DAR, the seat also consists of dyed-throughout polypropylene and lays on a wire frame with struts.
Please note that the Eames Plastic Armchair DAR is delivered with felt pads. Plastic pads are also available.
- Design: Charles & Ray Eames, 1950
- DAR = Dining Height Armchair R-Wire Base
- Material: dyed through polypropylene seat; four-feet frame out of wire-struts, chromed or powder coated frame; cover: Hopsak
- Dimensions: 805 × 625 × 600 mm, seat height: 415 mm
- Product Sheet to the Vitra Eames Plastic Armchair (PDF 989 KB)
- Instructions for Use for the Eames Plastic Armchair (PDF 2,5 MB)
- Ecology Information to the Eames Plastic Armchair (PDF 51 KB)
Do you have questions about the product? Contact us!