The Wagenfeld tea cup has been created in the early 1930s in the Bauhaus. As a prototype of modern glass design this service is part of design history.
The tea service with Bauhaus design undeniably belongs to the design classics of modernity. The handmade parts are marked by their characteristic forms and premium glass craftsmanship.
With the Wagenfeld tea cup and the Wilhelm Wagenfeld edition Jenaer Glas makes a genuine Bauhaus design classic available beyond international museums. The tea cup is heat-resistant and dishwasher or microwave safe.
The Janaer Glas brand stands for heat-resistant utility-glass since 1918. The temperature-resistant and temperature-changes insensitive borosilicate glass is pressed and blowed. The products by Janaer Glas offer a wide usage-range because of the qualities of the material. The advantages are clearly defined:
- Heat resistant by up to 450 °C
- Cool down and freeze down to -35°C
- Resistant to temperature-changes of up to 150 k
- Suitable for microwave and microwave-grill
- Pores-free surface for easy cleaning
- Absolutely taste-neutral special glass
- Doesn’t lose any compounds; is therefore adapted to allergy-sufferers
- Optimally suitable to prepare drinks and meals
- Doesn’t de-colour and has the best hygiene
- High chemical and mechanic resistance