To keep our goals in mind
The Seven Lessons poster by Holstee was inspired by an article of the internet blog Brainpickings in the eventh of its 7th anniversary and it was then designed by the author of the blog, Maria Popova. The poster summarizes seven points to encourage mindful living whilst one grows and evolves. In other words: How to keep goals in mind without being distracted by the countless things around us.
1. Allow yourself the uncomfortable luxury of changing your mind.
2. Do nothing out of remorse or for prestige or status or money or approval alone.
3. Be generous with your time and your resources and with giving credit and, especially, with your words.
4. When people try to tell you who you are, don't believe them.
5. Build pockets of stillness into your life.
6. Presence is far more intricate and rewarding an art than productivity.
7. Expect anything worthwhile to take a long time.
With these seven points, the Holstee poster reminds us over and over again to keep an eye on the essentials. A matching poster for the office or as a constant reminder over the desk.