To keep our goals in mind
The Seven Lessons poster by Holstee was inspired by an article of the internet blog Brainpickings in the eventh of its 7th anniversary and it was then designed by the author of the blog, Maria Popova. The poster summarizes the seven points needed to keep our will while it is evolving. In other words: How to keep ones target in mind without being distracted by the myriad things around us.
1. Have the unpleasant luxury to change your mind.
2. Do nothing out of remorse or for prestige, social status, money or recognition alone.
3. Be generous with your time and your resources and especially with your words.
4. Don’t believe in what other people say.
5. Create space for peace.
6. Be present.
7. Believe that everything worthwhile takes time.
The poster of Holstee reminds us again and again of the ideals with these seven points and helps us to keep them in eye. A matching poster for the office or as a constant reminder over the desk.