A sofa can present much more than the common qualities such a piece of furniture should have and become an independent room inside of a room. This straight thought inspired Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec when they designed the Alcove Sofa.
The designer brothers added a ground-close sofa with a very homely shape to their Alcove sofa family: the Alcove Plume. The thick, wide cur seats signalize and offer ultimate comfort. With the pleasant seat and back cushions as well as the high flexible lateral and back panels, the Alcove sofa by Vitra makes up the frame for a world of cosiness, a place of withdrawal.
- Frame / Carrying structure: Steel, powder coated
- Corpus: Back and side panels, MDF-board as carrier, connected by zip closure
- Cushion: multi-layer PU-foam with compartment-cushions. Seat elements removable
- Compartments-cushion: Filled with polyurethane foam sticks and feathers
- Back and armrests cushions: Filled with feathers and fibres
Also in blog entry: Vitra-Novelties of the Milan Furniture Fair 2013