Chouchin is the name of the oriental lantern out of paper and bamboo, which inspired the contemporaneous lamps family, where the prestige of blown glass comes together with the charm of colours, the magic of light and the possibility of creating a composition of different forms – in order to create a familiar and as well mystic emotion. The Chouchin lamps series was designed by Ioanna Vautrin for Foscarini in 2013.
The version “Mini” completes the project Chouchin with additional possibilities of compositions and positioning. The lampshade is offered in two forms and complementary colours: orange and green. The lower border remains white, as well as the border of the big version, in order to have an unmistakable graphic when the lamp is switched off and a shiny frame when it is switched on.
Chouchin Mini can be installed alone like a small and poetic floating lantern, or in a line or group of several lamps and with the bigger Chouchin model, surrounding a table or in an half island illuminated with downwards directed light beams. Especially the optionally available multiple canopy suits to create group compositions.
The small dimensions of the Chouchin Mini by Foscarini emphasize their personality as sidelight with withdrawing and more valuable elegance. The lamps can be equipped with halogen illuminants or LED light sources. The last one is suitable to be used in public rooms because of her energy efficiency and its long duration.
- Pendant lamp with direct light.
- The diffuser is made of mouth blown coated glass and it is glossy painted with opaque lacquer.
- The support of the diffuser is made of lacquered metal and stainless steel.
- The suspension cable is made of stainless steel and transparent electric cable.
- Ceiling canopy with bracket out of zinc-plated metal and coated with matt white thoroughly dyed ABS-plastic.
- A baldachin decentralisation set + multiple canopy is available optionally (for up to 9 lamps).