Modern Home Accessories – 100 years of design
Modern Home Accessories presents the most important developments and highlights of the past 100 years on 512 Pages, starting with the newest trends of 2011. The single masterpieces of Italian design such as Pietro Chiesa’s vase Cartoccio (1932), of the most successful Spanish contemporaneous designer Jaime Hayon and his Cristal Candy series (2009) for Baccarat, up to exceptional creations of the Finnish designer Tapio Wirkkala out of the late 1960es and the early 1970es.
Embossing texts about the single displayed designs as well as written excurses by experts about selected topics and styles fulfill this demands-setting design book series.
About the editors: Andrea Mehlhose and Martin Wellner founded the design office Fremdkörper in 1996. Fremdkörper works as design consultant and designer of interior, exhibition and graphic design as well as in corporate identity and corporate design all around the world.
- All-including overview about the past 10 years of design
- Embossing information about 600 design objects
- Demanding excurses in design history, by experts such as Volker Albus, Max Borka, Paolo Timminelli, Thomas S. Bley, Uta Brandes, Michael Erlhoff among others.
- High quality and high format images
- Registry of designers and manufacturers