The granite stone for the Raclette 8 replaces the aluminium surface of the raclette device with a solid granite top, which retains heat better than its aluminum counterpart. Your dishes can thus be cooked on a natural granite stone, simply mounted on the Raclette 8 by Spring.
Please note that the device needs to be heated a bit longer with the granite stones than with the aluminium cast surface.
Slight differences in color as well as structure might appear because of the natural material of the stone. This is not a defect or an impairment in function. This underlines the fact that the stone is a natural product and therefore no stone resembles the other.
Because the stone is a natural product, it has internal stresses which can lead to cracking or even breakage when submitted to rapid temperature changes. To avoid this, the following procedure, which solves this internal stress, is absolutely necessary for the stability of your stone:
1. Wash the stone under warm running water with a bit of dish soap.
2. Rub the stone thoroughly with a cloth.
3. Place the stone in the cold oven and set it to 220 ° C. Leave the stone in the oven for 40 minutes.
4. Turn off the oven and allow the stone to cool slowly to room temperature (do not cool it with cold water!).
Please note that your stone might change in color during this process. In addition, minor cracks in the stone can occur during the procedure or after use, even after having applied these four steps. This does not interfere with the function in any way. Small cracks are therefore excluded from the guarantee.
Special advises and suggestions:
- Don’t heat empty pans in the device and don’t leave empty pans inside the hot device after usage; the coating of the pans might get damaged, and food residues might burn inside of the pan making it difficult to clean them.
- BBQ surface: From delicious salmon steak to scampi to vegetables - the grill plate is ideal for cooking all delicate fish, meat or vegetables. The grill plate is also perfect for the preparation of crêpes specialties.
- Stone surface: From the steak to pork cutlets, hamburgers and sausages, the hot stone is ideal for all kinds of barbecue products.
- Cut the meat of fish into bite-size pieces. These then cook faster.
- Brush meat or fish lightly with oil before placing it on the hot stone. Alternatively, you can marinate it beforehand.