The granite stone for the Raclette 8 replaces the alu surface of the raclette device by a solid granite top, which keeps the heat better than its counterpart out of aluminium, enabling the preparation of meals on natural granite stones. It is easily mounted on the Raclette 8 by Spring.
Please note that the device needs to be heated a bit longer with the granite stones than with the aluminium cast surface.
Slight differences in colour as well as structure might appear because of the natural material of the stone. This isn’t a flaw or a disadvantage in function. This is much more an emphasizing of the natural material and therefore its uniqueness.
Since the stone is a natural product, it is tense inside, causing breaks or tires at fast temperature changes. In order to avoid this as good as possible, the following procedure is exceptionally necessary only once, relieving tensions, ensuring the stability of your stone:
1. Wash the stone under running water with a bit of dishwashing liquid.
2. Dry the stone with a tissue.
3. Place the stone in the cold oven at 200°C. Leave the stone inside of the oven for 40 minutes.
4. Switch the oven off and let the stone cool down slowly until it reaches the room’s temperature (don’t cool it down with cold water!).
Please note that your stone might change its colour during this procedure. Furthermore small tires might appear in the stone after you used it, even by applying these four steps, but this won’t change its function. Small tires are therefore excluded from the guarantee.
Special advises and suggestions:
- Don’t heat empty pans in the device and don’t leave empty pans inside the hot device after usage; the coating of the pans might be damaged, as well as food residues might burn inside of the pans making it hard to clean them.
- BBQ surface: it is ideally suitable for fish, meat and vegetables, like salmon, steaks, scampi, vegetables… The BBQ top is also especially suitable to prepare crepe-specialties.
- Stone surface: steaks, hamburgers, sausages… the hot stone is ideally suitable for all robust sorts of barbecue products.
- Cut the meat of fish in mouth-adapted pieces. They will be done quicker.
- Use a bit of oil on your frying ingredients before you place them on the hot stone. Or marinate them before you start the raclette as an alternative.