Unique things take their time. The Wooden Radio from Magno is such a product. 16 working hours decay from the first cut until the cautious envelopment in soft tissue. In more than 20 working steps a hand made, non-recurring radio origins.
Singgih Susilo Kartono ist the wooden radio designer and manufacturer. During his product design studies in Bandung/Indonesia he developped the creative baselines and etablished his Ideas through new working methods and modes of production.
Today he works with 30 young wood craftmans in his hometown Temanggung in the Middel-Java region. His business assures the incomes of many families and gives young workers fair conditioned future prospects.
Beside this on the workshop terrain a tree nursey arised, which supplied the whole town with seedling. The long term oriented ecological sensitization of the local population is a special concern from Singgih Kartono. Exclusively plantation wood is used for the production. International media agents referred from this particular exemplar for "Eco-Design".
Only a small amount of radios is prosuced every month. Modern design and high class hand work bond fanciers from the US, Japan an Europa request this product.
- Every radio is crafted by hand in 16 hours.
- Every radio represents a one-of-a-kind piece.
- 2 band reception (FM/AM), 3.5 mm mini-clip entrance.
- Measures: 19,1 x 11,7 x 13,5 cm (Natural aberrations because of the material and fabrication.).
- Electric power supply: 4 type AA Mignon batteries, mains adapter (not enclosed in the scope of delivery.).
- Material: East Indian rosewood (dark) and pinewood (bright).
- The wooden radio is manufactured under fair social conditions. Only plantation wood used.