Marco Zanuso was born in Milan in 1916 and passed by in 2001. He worked as architect, designer and town planner and graduated in 1939 in architecture.
In the post-war period, he was a driving force in the cultural debates of the “Modern Movement”, from 1946 to 1947 he was a member of the CIAM (Congres Internationaux d'Architecture Moderne) and of the INU (Istituto Nazionale di Urbanistica).
In the years 1946 and 1947, Zanuso was co-director of the Domus (Design and Architecture monthly magazine) and editor of the Casabella (design monthly magazine) in the fifties. He received various gold medal awards (VIII, IX, X, XI, XIII Triennale) and the grand prix of the Triennale (IX, X, XIII) editions.
He took part in the foundation of the ADI (Associatione Design Industriale) in 1954 and in the creation of the Compasso d'Oro award in 1956.
His work as architect and designer led him to win the Compasso d'Oro award in 1956, 1962, 1964 and 1967.
Among his architectural creations he is remembered for the Olivetti complex in South America, the Necchi plant in Pavia and the Nuovo Piccolo Teatro in Milan.
Various pieces of his work are on display in the Museum of Modern Art in New York.