Design Lamp from the 1950s
The VL45 Radiohus pendant lamp was originally designed in 1945 by the architect Vilhelm Lauritzen together with Louis Poulsen for the new building of the Danish broadcasting company in Frederiksberg, which today is home to the Royal Danish Academy of Music.
As a remake, the lamp based on the original designs from the 50s is produced again, equipped with State of the art lighting technology.
Glass Pendant Lamp
The Radiohus pendant lamp consists of three layers of mouth-blown glass. The innermost layer consists of transparent, clear, the middle layer of white and the outer layer of transparent, clear glass again.
"The historical ties between the Radiohus Pendant and the building for which it was created are clearly reflected in the design and the light-technology properties of the light itself. It was originally used for general illumination in many parts of the Radiohuset building. And with its powerful downwards light combined with gentler illumination via the opal glass – which generate softer tones in the room – it is simply ideal for illuminating both everyday objects and more decorative items. The pendant is decorative in a simple manner, and it aligns neatly with the current furnishing trend of combining modern design with tried and tested classicsRasmus Markholt - Design Manager at Louis Poulsen
The VL45 luminare emits a uniform and soft light through the multiple layers of glass. The opening at the bottom allows - depending on the mounting height - to direct the light focussing downwards. Depending on the desired quality of light, the light therefore can be mounted high - for a uniform - or low - for a concentrated light.