Design stepladders / folding ladders - how to find the right model for your home
- Number of steps: 1, 2 or 3
- Folding mechanisms and functionality
- Material selection
1. Number of steps: 1, 2 or 3
A design stepladder not only looks good, but is a practical helper to get up high! It is particularly useful in conjunction with high shelves in the kitchen, storeroom or pantry, but also for high bookshelves to support activities such as hanging curtains or drapes, dusting or cleaning windows.
Step (one-tier): side by side
- footstool Little Stool | Stool (two-tier): Hay
- Butler Stool Ladder | Folding Ladder (three- and multi-step): Magis
- Nuovastep Step Ladder
Ergonomically recommended is that the height of the steps is preferably not more than 20 cm . In order to have a secure footing - especially if there is no possibility to hold on and you climb beyond two steps - a minimum depth of 21 centimeters per step is important.
Folding mechanisms and functionality of ladders
Radius Design - Stool ladder | Design House Stockholm - Step folding ladder | Magis - Flò folding ladder | Skagerak - Noboru step ladder
Overall, the category can be divided into two groups: While folding ladders with at least three steps - as the name suggests - are foldable and can thus be stored in an alcove or behind a door, so that they are not visible but handy, a stool ladder or a step with one to two steps can also be used as a side table or stool. In a household with children, a one to two step step is a great help for the little ones to grow up and many a folding ladder can also be used as a valet or bar stool. There are no limits to the multifunctionality.
"To take full advantage of tall cabinets or bookshelves, it's always worth having a step ladder in the room that matches the interior. This way, you manage to reach the highest shelf safely and comfortably at any time, and the rest of the time it serves as a seat, side table or plant elevation." - Viktoria, interior design expert
The material makes the stepladder design
Auerberg - AEKI stool | Umage - Step it up stool ladder | Frederik Roijé - Split Step stepladder | Kartell - Upper folding ladder
When buying design ladders in terms of material, it is essential to consider the load capacity: this consists not only of your own body weight, but changes depending on what you want to store or remove.
These materials are particularly common:
- A step ladder made of wood (picture 1 and 2) has a stable as well as durable character due to the natural material and fits perfectly into a Skandi interior. Wooden ladders can be found both in natural colors and painted in a wide variety of colors and in combination with other materials, such as polyester in the form of an integrated bag.
- Models made of powder-coated aluminum and steel (Fig. 3) are not only very robust, but can also be found in particularly filigree designs and at the same time have a high load capacity. Models made of aluminum also impress with their low dead weight.
- Plastic (Fig. 4) is a mixed material when it comes to ladders, as it is always used in combination with another material. It ensures lightness not only visually, but also in terms of actual weight.
Conclusion - what you should consider when buying step stools or step ladders
- On the one hand, there are the models stool or step, which have one or two steps and at the same time can be used as a side table or shelf.
- On the other hand, there are such models with three or more steps, which are called folding or household ladders . The main feature is that these, folded, can be stored within easy reach in a narrow corner or niche.
- For multi-step models, the height of the step should not exceed 21 centimeters . To have a secure footing when you can not hold on, a step depth of 21 centimeters and more is desirable .
- The classic material in design ladders is wood, because it is robust and durable, and at the same time can act as a multifunctional piece of furniture. Other - often particularly light and delicate variants - are made of powder-coated steel or aluminum or plastic .
Design stepladders / folding ladders buy online at Connox - your advantages at a glance
- high-quality design stepladders / folding ladders - originals of the top design brands
- climate neutral online shopping
- personal support by our customer service
- fair shipping costs
- secure payment thanks to SSL encryption
shopping advice at Connox
You want to buy design stepladders/folding ladders online, but need assistance? Feel free to contact our customer service at any time. We are here to help you with your purchase with words and deeds, give recommendations and can quickly clarify questions. Let us conveniently deliver your desired item directly to your home.