Beds: From the Oasis of Well-Being to Multifunctional Living Furniture
Babies sleep up to 16 hours a day, children at least 11 hours. When you get older, the less sleep is usually needed. That's why teenagers and adults need only eight hours sleep - one-third of a day. From the age of 50, the daily need for sleep can even drop to less than six hours. No matter how long you sleep, one thing is certain: We all spend a lot of time in bed. Therefore, it must be as comfortable and beautiful as possible. Many designers spent a long time, trying to figure out what makes a bed the best bed, that’s why design beds are a good choice.
High Up or Close to the Ground: The Ideal Height of a Bed
Why even think about the bed height? It's simple: It’s harder to get up from low beds. 50 cm is considered the ideal height for a bed. 50 cm correspond to the approximate height of a chair’s seat. At a young age, low beds are also a possibility as well, because teenagers and young people are usually not suffering from pain in the back.
Turning to the Left, Turning to the Right: The Ideal Bed Size
There is a long list of bed widths. Connox offers the following options:
- Single Beds: This bed has the dimensions 90x200 cm and is very space-saving. One example would be the Twice Stackable Bed by Authentics which has another big advantage: It’s stackable. If two of the beds are stacked on top of each other, the base sits on the top and result in a comfortable sofa.
- French or King Beds: The double bed is the luxury version among the beds, with 140 to 160x200 cm. Due to this width, a second person easily fits into the bed. The Nebula Five Padded Bed by Diesel Living offers high comfort in a rustic and cozy design.
- Queen Beds: 180x200 cm make a spacious night camp for two. The advantage of such a size is that different slats and mattresses can be selected.
- A Bed Designed According to Your Needs: With the v Bed by Tojo you don’t need to choose a size. The bed frame can be extended like an accordion from 90 up to 170 cm in size. Like that, the design furniture grows with you and your needs.
The Environment for Your Design Beds
The right equipment and environment is just as important as the bed itself. Bedding, furniture, bedside tables, or the right sideboard contribute a lot to a good sleep. The Flai Bed by the design brand Müller Möbelwerkstätten is, for example, optionally available with a separate bedside table and even with illumination. With an equipment like that, a good night sleep is certainly ensured!
Buying Beds Online - Your Advantages at Connox:
- Curated assortment with top design brands
- High-quality designer beds by renowned designers
- Direct and easy online purchase
- Personal support by our customer service
- Fair shipping costs
- Secure payment thanks to SSL encryption
- Only a few working days delivery time
Do You Have Further Questions About Our Beds? Purchasing Consultancy at Connox
You want to buy a bed online, but need support? Please feel free to contact our customer service. We help you if you have any problems with your purchase, give recommendations and we can quickly clarify questions. Let us send you your favorite product to your home, comfortably within a few working days!