Plastic Rugs with Sewn Selvages
The Mono rug features a single-coloured plait of plastic and sewn selvages. The rug is so discreet and timeless that it fits perfectly into any room.
Material & Care
In a small family-run weaving mill in Dalarna in the heart of Sweden, the Pappelina rugs are made on looms from the 50s and 60s. Only new plastic from the Swedish manufacturer Gislaved Folie is used, produced according to European standards and free from heavy metals and plasticisers.
For optimal care, the rugs should be hoovered regularly. Because of their size, it is not recommended that they be washed in the washing machine. Alternatively a damp sponge or a wet cloth is suitable. The rug is best cleaned in the bathtub. Gently rinse off ketchup or tomato, do not rub.
- Should be hoovered regularly
- Do not wash in the washing machine
- Do not spin or tumble dry
- Stains can be wiped off with a wet cloth or sponge. Do not rub
- Cleaning: Wipe down with damp cloth, rinse in a bathtub or similar, or have it cleaned professionally
- If necessary, pull the wet rug into shape
- Shake out after washing, be careful with the welded edges
- Lay to dry or hang on a wide bar