Design oven gloves and oven mitts - how to find the right model for your home
- Oven mitt or oven cloth ?
- The material makes the difference
- Cleaning and care
1. Oven mitt or oven cloth?
Textiles generate comfort and warmth like hardly any other living accessory. So you can combine and enhance functionality and living ambience with the help of textile kitchen aids.
Oven gloves and potholders belong to this category. Both variants are protective helpers and usually come with a loop for hanging up, so that you can always keep them handy.
Potholders, which are usually in the set available, can be perfectly used as grip protection for hot pots & Co. They are also ideal as a base for containers fresh from the stove or oven. Potholders are usually square and have a diameter of between 20 and 22 centimetres .
An oven glove on the other hand is ergonomic and safe, as it cannot fall out of the hand during transport. In addition, its particularly long shaft protects against embers and splashes. Oven gloves have a dimension of approx. 15 x 30 centimetres . Make sure that the shaft extends over the wrist and that it is not too tight, otherwise the heat will reach the hand too quickly.
2. The material makes the difference
When working with hot surfaces, the material is as important as the feel. On the one hand, it should have a good grip and on the other hand be soft and cuddly. Since this is best combined in professional workmanship, crocheting potholders is not recommended. However, the following materials are recommended when buying from Potholders, oven gloves and barbecue gloves recommended and have their own characteristics:
- Leather (1) can withstand heat well. Therefore it is often used for barbecues. Another advantage is that it adapts to the shape of the hand over time.
- Silicone (2) is extremely heat-resistant and cuddly.
- Textiles have the great advantage that they follow every movement and are available in a wide variety of decors. However, an additional filling is necessary to keep the heat away from the hands. Textile oven gloves or potholders can be made either completely (including filling) from natural fibres (3) or with natural fibres on the outside and synthetic fibres on the inside as mixed fibre (4)
"It doesn't necessarily have to be all cleared away to make a kitchen look impressive. Adapt even the smallest functional kitchen gadgets to the style of your kitchen and you create a harmonious, but also lively look in everyday life." - Viktoria, furnishing expert
3. Cleaning and care of potholders, oven gloves & Co.
Depending on the material, the topic "Cleaning and care" can be very simple or complicated:
- Potholders made of textile, such as cotton, are easy to wash in the washing machine at up to 60 degrees. But always pay attention to the care label.
- Products made of silicone can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Oven gloves made of leather are the most difficult to clean. Hand washing with a gentle detergent is recommended.
4. Conclusion - this is what you should consider when buying oven gloves and oven mitts
- With oven gloves or potholders you not only have a practical helper, but you can also create a cosy and stylish touch in your kitchen.
- While potholders are not only suitable for touching hot pots, but also function as coasters, oven gloves have the advantage of being ergonomic and cannot fall out of your hand.
- Whether oven gloves and potholders with a pattern or in a uniform design - the materials most suitable are heat-resistant silicone, classic textiles or robust leather.
- The cleaning and care depends on the chosen material of your oven gloves or potholders: So silicone can be put in the dishwasher and textile in the washing machine. Leather requires hand cleaning.
Buy designer oven gloves and oven mitts online at Connox - your advantages at a glance
Purchasing consulting at Connox
You want to buy design potholders online, but need support? Please feel free to contact our customer service at any time. We are here to help you with your purchase, give recommendations and answer questions quickly. Then let us deliver your desired item directly to your home.