Chair for Langelinie Pavilion
Langelinie Pavilion is located on the castle grounds of Copenhagen with a view of the seafront where the Little Mermaid is at home. The first Pavilion was built in 1885. The second one in 1902 for the Royal Danish Yacht Club, but was destroyed in the Second World War. The current Pavilion was built in 1958 by the architect couple Eva and Niels Koppel as a tribute to modernity. The Pavilion chair by Anderssen & Full for & Tradition is a tribute to the Copenhagen pavilion and was designed especially for this cult multi-purpose venue.
Slim arms and legs
The challenge was to design a stackable chair for events, which would convince through its aesthetic as well as practical advantages and which would visually fit in with the 1958 building. Torbjørn Anderssen and Espen Voll wanted to incorporate modern elements, resulting in a cane chair with slender legs and curved plywood for a light appearance.
Made of bent tubular steel and compression moulded veneer
The curvy silhouette is an eye-catcher in public places and in your own four walls. The chair is made of bent tubular steel and compression moulded veneer. The Pavilion chair looks great in a concert hall, in the lobby of a modern hotel or at the kitchen table in a private living area.
The chair is available in different colours and also in a version with armrests.