Discreet Plastic Rugs
The Mono rug (140 cm) by Pappelina belongs to series of rugs that positively stand out thanks to their simple and discreet appearance. The rugs from the Mono series feature subtle colours and stitched selvages, adding a refined detail to the piece.
Material & Care
The rugs are woven from new plastic on woven looms from the 50s and 60s in Dalarna, Sweden.
The weaving uses only new plastic to eliminate possible residues of heavy metals and plasticizers. The plastic comes from southern Sweden.
To optimally care for the rugs, they should be hoovered regularly. Because of their size, the rugs should not be washed in the washing machine. Alternatively a damp sponge or a wet cloth is suitable. The rug is best cleaned in the bathtub. Gently rinse off ketchup or tomato, do not rub.
- Should be hoovered regularly
- Do not wash in the washing machine
- Do not spin or tumble dry
- Stains can be wiped off with a wet cloth or sponge. Do not rub
- Cleaning: Wipe down with damp cloth, rinse in a bathtub or similar, or have it cleaned professionally
- If necessary, pull the wet rug into shape
- Shake out after washing, be careful with the welded edges
- Lay to dry or hang on a wide bar