Striking Lighting Design from the Klint Family
The Danish architect and furniture designer Kaare Klint (1888-1954) was a student of architect Carl Petersen and his father, Jensen Klint, the founder of Le Klint.
Kaare Klint designed the furnishings for the first Le Klint shop in the store Kirkestræde in Copenhagen. In addition, he created the designs for the LK 101, the "lantern of fruit" and the LC 306, the "tilting lamp", which are among the most distinctive lights at the Le Klint assortment.
In 1924, Kaare Klint was lecturer and taught as a professor at the Art Academy in Copenhagen in 1944, where he founded the school of furniture art. Later he worked as an architect at the Bethlehem Church in Copenhagen (1935-37) and the establishment of the art industry Museum in Copenhagen amongst other things.
A frame chair for the Museum Faaborg (1914), a chair made of mahogany and leather of Niger for the Industrial Museum of Art (1927), the Safari Chair (1933) and the Pew for the Bethlehem Church (1936) are among the best-known furniture work by Kaare Klint.