Enrico Baleri was born in Albino, Bergamo in 1942 and studied architecture at the Polytecnic in Milan. After an invitation by Dino Gavina he opened a showroom for furniture in Bergamo in 1965.
Moreover he was a foundation member of the “Pluri-Group”, a group that focused on design research.
1979 Baleri founded the design company Alias together with Giandomenico Belotti and Carlo Forcolini whose art director he was until 1983. Gavina, Flos, Knoll International and Alias were his customers for which he designed furniture, lamps and objects.
Baleri founded the Italian design company Baleri Italia (once Cerruti Baleri) in 1984 together with Marilisa Decimo and cooperated with namely international designers such as Hollein, Mendini, Starck, Dalisi or Wettstein.
Moreover Baleri promoted and organized Industrial Design and cultural architectonic initiatives whereby he always focused on the difference between the academic and business world. During his presidents time at the Associazione Casa Malaparte (1989-92) he directed attention to the modern Movement building on Capri and worked more and more to keep it safe. Baleri started the Comitato Italiano Aalto / Viipuri after an invitation from the Alvar Aalto foundation to participate at a worldwide donations initiative that would restore the Viitpuri library, Aaltos masterpiece on the Russian area.
For the further work at product design and development, Baleri founded “eb&c” together with Marilisa Baleri Decimo and Luigi Baroli in 2004 as a research institute which cooperates with Baleri Italia and other companies.