The Netherlands Ineke Hans was born in 1966.
Ineke Hans graduated at the High School for Art in Arnheim in 1991 and at the Royal College of Art in London in 1995. She is famous by “common furniture” out of recycled synthetic and her black children’s collection as well as by black porcelain.
She founded her own design studio in Arnheim in 1998, designing for manufacturers such as Swarovski, Habitat UK Ltd. or Royal VKB today.
Her book „Black Bazaar; Design Dilemmas“ was published in 2003.
Ineke Hans could receive the following design awards until now:
- 2005 - Red Dot Award for Garlic Crusher for RoyalVKB (NL)
- 2003 - Pewter on the Table: first prize
- Black Beauties and Black Gold nominated for Rotterdam Designprijs 2003 (NL)
- 1999 - Ordinary Tables nominated Rotterdam Designprijs 1999 (NL)
- 1997 - winner Furniture Futures Award 1997, by Design Week Magazine (UK)
- 1994 - second prize Storage for Europe for Worshipful Company of Furniture Makers (UK)
- 1993 - first prize Floordesign for Forbo Krommenie (NL)
- honourable mention Design for Europe for International Interior Biennial Kortrijk (B)
- honourable mention Progretto ‘93 for Arflex Milan (I)
Website by Ineke Hans